Olympus E-M1 Compatibility with the Cactus V6 II

2»

Comments

• Thanks Antonio, I guessed I needed a second V6ii to trigger
  • No problem. :)

Just shout if you need further assistance.  Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I have an Olympus EM 1, one Oly FL900 R flash, two V6 II (for transmitter from camera and receiver for the FL900R) plus two Cactus V60X flashes, hoping to work multi flash off camera, using TTL and HSS as advertised. Both tx and RC have been set to the same channel, radio, etc. as well as the Cactus flashes. The Olympus flash was detected by the V6 II.
    After all this purchase, hours watching YouTube tutorial videos on Cactus system and then hours experimenting...NOTHING WORKS! Neither triggering the Tc from the camera nor pressing the test button on the Tc. Nothing works and the more I look, the more confusedI am.
    Why Cactus imaging does not have its own tech support and understandable tutorials?
    I am frustrated and thinking on selling all my Cactuses and getting Godox.
  • Let's try the locate the problem first.

Check if the TX and RX alone can communicate with each other: Pressing the test button on the TX should trigger the status LED of the RX to flash in Green (if you full pressed the test button), or Orange (if you half pressed the test button). Does the LED on the RX show up?