Sekonic L-308S

Hello,

Firstly, I am using a Fuji XT1 with V6 II, and another V6 II on a Canon Speedlite 430 EX II. I am trying to take a light meter reading with the Sekonic L-308S by connecting the light meter via a 3.5mm to PC male sync cable. The 3.5mm jack into the V6 II on top of the XT1 and the PC sync end into the light meter, but so far I haven't been able to take a light meter reading. When I hit the meter button on the Sekonic, the meter reads 'Er' (error) and none of the flashes are triggered to be able to take a reading.

I appreciate that this might be the incorrect cable for this job, and if so, which cable do I require to be able to take a light reading with this set up?

Many thanks.

Comments

• You simply cannot meter a flash using the V6 II because there’s always a pre-flash when the flash is in TTL mode mounted on the V6 II with a corresponding flash profile.

So far there’s only one way to do this which is by getting the Sekonic L858D.

Here’s another thread on the same topic:
    https://www.cactus-image.com/community/discussion/comment/6411/#Comment_6411

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • What about if I'm setting a manual flash setting on the V6 II?
  • What about if I'm setting a manual flash setting on the V6 II?
    That will only suppress the pre-flash for the RF60(x). You'll still get the pre-flash for any other flash, sitting on a V6II receiver.
  • Yeah, and to get rid of the pre-flash on the TTL flash you mounted on the V6 II, you will have to set the flash mode to M, the V6 II will identify the flash as a Manual flash, no flash profile used, no flash system assigned, and that means you have no remote power control ability... and you might as well ask, "what's the point?".

So unfortunately, before there's a Cactus module available for Sekonic light meters, your only solution is getting the L858-D.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.